Harman Accentra from 2006: Hi-Lo switch?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zrtmatos

Feeling the Heat
Nov 26, 2012
Connecticut
I have a Harman Accentra from 2006. I have re-read the manual and cannot find what the Hi-Lo switch does that is located inside the swing out controls on it's left side, if looking straight at it. Does it affect pellet consumption? I am surprised it was not found anywhere in the manual. Does someone know?

It controls the distribution (room air) blower speed. Hi = high speed, low = low speed. It allows for 2 ranges of settings for the knob control. I keep mine on high all the time and just use the knob for the speed control.

Thanks. I leave mine on high also. I gave it a good cleaning yesterday and was trying to find that and couldn't anywhere? Did you ever see that in the manual?

Did you ever see that in the manual?

No, it's not in the manual. My service dealer pointed it out to me a couple years back when he did a repair. It's a curiosity for sure.

A little oversight huh? Nice pic of your Harman A.

I missed this thread. Is there an advantage to running on hi? I think mine has been on lo for three years. Do you push more heat out of the Harmon with more airflow over the heat exchanger? Does the software adjust for a lower distribution air with less heat from combustion with fewer pellets? I flipped the button to hi and it was noticeably louder and that is a concern. I have had no problem heating my house with a lo blower setting.

Is there an advantage to running on hi? I think mine has been on lo for three years. Do you push more heat out of the Harmon with more airflow over the heat exchanger? Does the software adjust for a lower distribution air with less heat from combustion with fewer pellets? I flipped the button to hi and it was noticeably louder and that is a concern. I have had no problem heating my house with a lo blower setting.

I run in Hi whenever I'm not in the room. The high setting moves more air which distributes more of the heat. I turn down the blower if the noise is too loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.