Harman Accentra FS ESP Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just replaced the ESP on a 2007 Harman Accentra FS. Actually, I had to replace the control board first cause an igniter short took out the board, then discovered via the diagnostic tool that the ESP wasn't noticing temp rise. Double checked the #5 DIP switch and it was "OFF" for the old ESP which is the setting for the ESP with black wires. I set the new board to #5 "ON" because I wanted to use a red wire ESP (only one I had on the truck) but I totally forgot that the predrilled hole and saddle for the black ESP is a smaller diameter Than the updated red wire ESP. Darn it all! I tried to remove the saddle to no avail. I just couldn't get the red ESP in the hole. Not enough room to get a drill in there either so I drilled a new 7/32" hole just outside of the cabinet through the appliance adapter and collar and minted it there. Seemed to work just fine though I had to notify the customer of the modification in the event that they were so inclined to look around back there or decide they wanted to disconnect the venting at the collar.

Is there any service bulletin from Harman, aside from using the olde syle black ESP, for a work around for this? Total PIA, especially when the stove is installed really tight in the corner.

No service bulletin at all regarding changing them out that I ever saw. As far as I know the only choice you have is either what you did or to drill a larger sized hole in the vent which, as you discovered, is a PITA because of the hardened steel they use there.

No service bulletin at all regarding changing them out that I ever saw. As far as I know the only choice you have is either what you did or to drill a larger sized hole in the vent which, as you discovered, is a PITA because of the hardened steel they use there.
PIA because you would need a right angle drill or remove the feeder body...

I have something like this:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200637385_200637385

Only it was made by a company called Price & Rutzebeck over 25 years ago, which was a company my grandparents owned before my grandpa got Alzheimers and they had to sell the company. Still no fun trying to drill through that steel there.

Status
Not open for further replies.