Harman Accentra FS install/refurbishment parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ian105

Feb 10, 2014
Southwest Michigan
Making a list of what I'm going to need so i can get it on hand. Corner install, going straight out.

1x 3PVP-ADHB (the prior install had a duravent 45 directly onto the stove collar) with no RTV
will this work with normal duravent, or will it only work with the durvent "pro"? What "starter" piece should I get if using normal duravent.

Door and glass gaskets.
Door is 3/8 I think, is the glass the same? How much should I order?

Hi Temp RTV vs foil tape. Do i need to RTV inside the pipe sections as well? Manual says to seal seams on outside as well with RTV. How do you get this stuff apart if I ever needed to?

I remember seeing someone mention there is clear on another thread...cant find it now. Would prefer high temp black or clear vs red. Anyone recall seeing that?

Ash pan- its rusty and nasty. Will wiping it down with acetone then painting with a high heat paint like this work?
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Ole...Satin-High-Heat-Spray-Paint-7778830/202315061

Also what is the trick to locating the vent cutout in the wall. Should I just place the stove, and then run a level line from the vent starter piece to locate the hole on the wall? Then once I have the hole located, then i can locate the edges of the cutout of the passthrough....all while hoping that there isnt a stud in the way in the wall.

I installed a Direct Vent gas fireplace before but that used flex duct, so vent placement didnt have to be exact.

...Thats all for now I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.