Harman Accentra FS whistling / whirling noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jenileigh

Dec 30, 2013
Maryland
I have a month old Harman Accentra FS with OAK. Hubby cleaned it yesterday & we noticed overnight that there was an annoying whirling / whistling noise coming from the stove. I pinpointed that it is when the room temp is on High. Turn it to low & it goes away. And it sounds like it's coming from the side that the control box is on. Any suggestions on what to do or check. Thanks.

I can't seem to find where I can delete this topic. After searching for an answer & seeing that maybe he didn't put something back right or screw something tight, we think that is the problem. He's not sure he tightened some thumb screws tight enough.

Everything seemed fine but the noise is still there. Any suggestions? My husband did put more clear sealant around the stove pipe that comes out the wall but I don't see why that would be cause the whirling noise.

Everything seemed fine but the noise is still there. Any suggestions? My husband did put more clear sealant around the stove pipe that comes out the wall but I don't see why that would be cause the whirling noise.
I just noticed this type of noise in my accentra insert on starting when igniter goes on. On the control panel side as well.

Does it sound like the noise you make when blowing air across the opening of a glass beer bottle? The only time I don't hear it is on high. Otherwise, it sounds like a higher pitched harmonic that will even flutter.

My noise sounded like a cicada & it was only when the fan was on medium or high. Not very loud just annoying. I know it had to be related to something that was done while cleaning the stove since it started right after our last cleaning. For whatever reason, the noise went away last night and I haven't heard it today.

My noise sounded like a cicada & it was only when the fan was on medium or high. Not very loud just annoying. I know it had to be related to something that was done while cleaning the stove since it started right after our last cleaning. For whatever reason, the noise went away last night and I haven't heard it today.
Make sure the blowers are not rubbing on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.