Harman Accentra HELP!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjdukes

Jan 4, 2014
CT
Hi folks,
I'm on my 3rd season with the Accentra and having an issue with low heat and blinking status light (6blinks=combustion) issue. The stove works, lights, burns and blows but not very hot regardless of the setting I use. It appears that the flame is smaller than usual too at any feed level. Last couple days I will see the 6 blinks of status light after the stove runs for a while.
The stove is fully cleaned monthly and the dealer was out for a full cleaning, including flue, 6 weeks ago. However in the last week I've noticed it's not that hot and I'd get blinking status light alerts usually 6 blinks which relates to combustion. The ESP sensor has been changed on what May have bad advice from a sales guy.
I'm starting to think that maybe it's an issue with the igniter.
Any thoughts?

Had the same issues in my post this morning below HARMAN Accentra; Low Heat. I cleaned the exhaust flu, poked all the holes in the burn pot and for good measure replaced the door gasket. The machine is cranking as I write this like it's just outta the box.

Somethings to look for anyway. Good luck!

Reactions: Defiant
Had the same issues in my post this morning below HARMAN Accentra; Low Heat. I cleaned the exhaust flu, poked all the holes in the burn pot and for good measure replaced the door gasket. The machine is cranking as I write this like it's just outta the box.

Can you elaborate on "cleaning the exhaust flue"? Is that where the orange rectangle gasket meets the flu did you vacuum inside that? I'm not sure I know what you mean by cleaning the exhaust flue. At this point I've done everything so I'm willing to try it. Thx

PS- I just poked all the holes in the burn box to be sure also.

So you got some furry friends? Maybe the thermal overload on the motor? DSCN0125 - Copy.JPG

when you open the door, remove the large plate at the bottom below the burn pot by flipping up the two rotating clips. The exhaust pipe will be in the center more or less and will lead directly outside, mine is a diamond shape. I use a 3 inch flue brush that you can add lengths too. You should push this through to the outside pushing out any excess ash. Be careful when going past the ESP (temp probe) you don't want to just jam it through. When you pass the ESP make sure you clean that exhaust area thoroughly. Also, check your door gasket to make sure it's still tight and makes a good seal. I replaced mine after 3 years and did it again today as I am on my 6th winter.

Also, clean the fan blades on the right hand side and vacuum any "crud" when you remove that bottom plate. Make sure the V-shaped tubes on either side of the of the burn pot are clean as well (after removing the heat deflectors).

I'm using the fireplace insert version but I will look for all of those things when I attempt another investigative cleaning tomorrow. We do have pets but they are non-shedding

I too was thinking there may be an intake/exhaust problem, if you are using an OAK ( outside air kit) it may be clogged...
Try burning it in "stove temp" just to see... Set "feed adjuster" to 5 and put. The burn rate on 5

If the ESP thinks the stove is hot- high flue temp,it will keep the flame low.

Feeder box in back was clogged w fine pellet dust. We'll see if that helps. If not, I'll have to make a service call.

When you replace it,stuff a blue washable filter around it so it catches the hair and dust. Not the fan blades. You can cut a strip and place it along the leading edge under the valence.

Have you unplugged the stove for 10-15 seconds to let the board reset itself. Sometimes mine will act up and resetting it will help.

Sounds like your insert needs a good cleaning. You should run a brush up your liner and clean all combustion blower/ESP areas. A clean stove is a happy one :cool:

This stove is spotless and was cleaned by the dealer 6 weeks ago too. I don't think that's the issue. It seems to have run fine overnight so I may be all set now. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Problem resurfaced again. I think there is a feeder problem and it's not getting enough fuel. Have to have a service tech come out at this point since I've done as much as I can with my skills/knowledge.

Problem resurfaced again. I think there is a feeder problem and it's not getting enough fuel. Have to have a service tech come out at this point since I've done as much as I can with my skills/knowledge.

I am also in my third year with an Accentra. Ours is the Free Standing. The only problems I have ever had have related to lousy cleaning by my sometimes lazy son. If you clean each and every place you can possibly think of and reach I will bet your problem will go away. Seems to me it is not the ignitor, since it sounds like the stove lights up. I would clean the hell out of it (which is probably what the tech will do) and see what happens.

There are esoteric issues, such as draft adjustments and the like, so make sure the tech checks that while he is there, but my bet is on cleaning. This year we are burning Fireside Ultras which barely fill the ash pan but which leave dense carbon all over the place....so look at your pellets as well.

Let us know what the tech finds.

I've recently dealt with this issue. My problem was i had pellets bridging before the slide plate resulting in lack of fuel and and shut down with a error code of 6 blinks.

I've recently dealt with this issue. My problem was i had pellets bridging before the slide plate resulting in lack of fuel and and shut down with a error code of 6 blinks.
Lineman 30. Can you elaborate on this? I'm not sure what "bridging before the slide plate means". Also how did you remedy the problem?

RKS 130
It is not a cleaning issue as I mentioned previously. The stove is spotless. Also I use super premium pellets for three years in a row and have never had an issue before.

Bridging is when pellets basically make a dam across the outlet at the bottom of the hopper. At the time I was using two different brands of pellets. One type was from 1 inch to 1 1/4 long and the other type was about 1/4 to 3/8 long. So basically i had a jam at the bottom of my hopper and i fixed it by not mixing two different brands. Not sure if this is your issue but might want to clean out your hopper and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.