Harman Accentra igniter replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2006
Accentra -- freestanding. Looks like my igniter has failed. Has anybody replaced one? I don't know if the wires plug into it or if it is supplied with wire leads.

I dropped it down and cleaned it and the burn pot surfaces but it does not heat up. Rest of stove functions OK.

I remember there was a shortage of them last year.

Trying To Keep Warm

The ignitor should have leads attached to it Called hot leads as they have the High temp silicone and fiberglass insulation.
These leads get connected to the cold leads Regular MTW wire on the outside (backside) of the stove.
When you disconect the leads at the back of the stove tie a piece of string to it and pull the ignitor out of the burnpot, the string will aid in feeding the new hot leads back through the hole.....
Cold leads need to be outside of the fire chamber.....

Status
Not open for further replies.