Harman Accentra Ignitor Replacement code blink definition

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zrtmatos

Feeling the Heat
Nov 26, 2012
Connecticut
Hello all,
I ordered a replacement ignitor for my 2005-2006 Accentra2 and installed it this weekend. Fairly straighforward on the whole job but after having everything back together I see a single quick blink on the motor control board lamp and then nothing else, the combustion motor lamp. No start in Auto mode. :confused: It will go through the usual sequence in Manual mode.
Normally when lighting with Auto mode there are one, then two blinks up and then finally the ignitor lamp lights up, totalling three in all. I rechecked my connections and thinking they may have been reversed, I switched them with the same result. I did check to make sure the ignitor works off the stove before I started this install and it did indeed get hot!
Does anyone know what a single lamp flash when in Auto mode on the motor light mean? I do not see this listed in the manual ;? Help please! ;ex

Last edited:
Did you check the fuse on the circuit board.

If that is ok, sounds like a bad circuit board or bad connection from the ignitor to the circuit board. Make sure that large pin connector is plugged all the way into the circuit board.

It could also be a bad vacuum switch. I just replaced one on a stove the other day with the same problem. :)

Last edited:
Hey Don,
Everything works in manual mode so I think it's safe to say the fuse is not it. I think nothing would light up on the board then correct? The other thing I tried was leaving the connection to the igniter unplugged to rule out any electrical interference and the same single light error code came up. I just got off the phone with the Harman Company rep and he suggested it is probably the board. He said I have two options: use the stove in manual mode only, which is fine during the coldest part of the winter when it runs all the time, or order a ciruit board and hope that it solves the auto problem. Any good prices on boards anyone? Don?

Update!!!!
Wow, talk about great service! The Harman rep called me back and will be sending me a circuit board at no charge. I am totally floored by this! How is that for a great stove company????
Yay!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Last edited:
Update!!!!
Wow, talk about great service! The Harman rep call me back and will be sending me a circuit board at no charge. I am totally floored by this! How is that for a great stove and company????

Neato ! ! ! - What Harman rep did you talk to? Is he in Halifax PA?

Don,
His name was Brian and even before offering the board for no charge he was very helpful in trying to solve my problem. I am not sure where he was from. He listened to the description of the problem, suggested remedies and totally sympathized with the problem I had after installing my new igniter which I thought was the only problem. Harman rules!

Don,
His name was Brian and even before offering the board for no charge he was very helpful in trying to solve my problem. I am not sure where he was from. He listened to the description of the problem, suggested remedies and totally sympathized with the problem I had after installing my new igniter which I thought was the only problem. Harman rules!

Did you call the 800 support # on the Harman web site?
Thanks, I am working on an XXV with I think the same problem.

Last edited:
800-664-3119 was the number I called. I hope this helps you get the XXV working again. I love that stove, in brown enamel. My problem was a single flashing light on the combustion blower. Then nada. Could they have the same control board? Model id #1-00-05-886?

800-664-3119 was the number I called. I hope this helps you get the XXV working again. I love that stove, in brown enamel. My problem was a single flashing light on the combustion blower. Then nada. Could they have the same control board? Model id #1-00-05-886?

Thanks, that is good info since they did not always have a support line.
The new Harman replacement circuit board has dip switch settings so it can be setup for most of the models.

Well, that makes smart sense and cuts down on inventory replacements. My pin setting were 1, 3 and 6 up. All others down.

Update:
I received the replacement circuit board from Harman (thank you Harman!!!) and set the pin connections as described: 1. 3 & 6 up, all others down. All connections were put back as they were and I just tested this out with the same result as before; the stove starts up, 1st light comes on with fan and then turns off, just like it was before the replaced circuit board. So this makes me think what now? I tried disconnecting the igniter and had the same result. That should rule out the igniter, right? Does the igniter have to wired and physically attached in the pellet igniting area?
Any thoughts on a remedy to make my Accentra an auto light stove once again?

Still waiting to hear from anyone on this.
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.