Harman Accentra Insert Auger ????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mongo

Jan 4, 2010
Harman Accentra Insert
Purchased new in August
Installed in October
Started burning in early Oct.
Burning New England Hardwood Pellets

I have had to replace the auger motor 2 times since Oct. Has there been issues with the auger motors on these units ? I am getting a sqeek / noise when the auger rotates. Could I have another faulty motor or a different issue to cause the auger to fail ? Any info would be greaty appreciated.

do the pellets you are burning have a bunch of fine in them. I had the same situation with a pf100 there was somany fines that it locked up the auger and burned out the motor. pellets should be hard and shiny and when you dump them in there should be next to no fines in the bag

I have a P68, not Accentra, but when I got mine, it was squeaking within hours of when I started running it. After several trips in which the dealer did everything but did not replace the auger motor, they took the auger out, filed the crap out of it, and put it back in. No more squeak. I don't know if it was a sizing issue with the auger itself, or the auger tube, but it's been fine since. There could be many reasons for this, and if you do a search on this forum, there are many possibilities and solutions.

Mine had the same problem. Started squeaking and within 10 minutes the gearbox was shot. Motor worked fine and auger spun free but the gear box was locked up tight. They came in and replaced the entire assembly and no new issues. I would bet there is a bad lot og gearboxes out there with lube issues... The tech said this year he had to replace three within 3 weeks of install. I know they install a couple hundred per year which makes that failure rate reasonable in my book.

Open mouth insert FOOT. Guess what ate itself today? Came home and stove as out... Did a quick clean out of the fire pot and tried a resart. No dice. Look in and can see the auger trying to turn but it only moves about 5*. This time I loaded the stove this AM and I know there is nothing in there other than pellets. I know there is no chance of a jam and in this gearbox has eten itself. When I get home tonight I will do a little disassembly. I hope this is not going to be a continuous problem.

Anyone know what makes thease gearboxes fail? They are sealed. I can't tell if there is a misalignment issue but I can not imagine another bad box either.

The pellets I am burning are shiny and hard when loading up the hopper, also there is a small amount of fines in the bags. I try my best to avoid getting any fines in my hopper.

This morning the auger did not seem to make the same sounds as it was last night. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I do not loose another auger motor.

I love this stove and the heat that pellets put out but it is a pain in the a** to loose 2 auger motors in the first 3 months of operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.