1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman Accentra Insert - Combustion Blower not working

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by tthorpe, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tthorpe

tthorpe New Member

Loc:
    Bethlehem Township, NJ
    We had our flue cleaned this past summer (as we do every year), but we used a different chimney sweep that was recommended to us. I was initially impressed with his service but after trying to start our Accentra last week my impression changed quite quickly.

The first hurdle I had to overcome was to resplice the severed thermostat wire in two different places; apparently it was lying on the track when he pushed the stove back in. And after cleaning up the mess that he left behind in the fireplace box and back of the stove I preceded to start it up only to be greeted by silence. The power, status and combustion blower lights are all on and steady. The distribution blower works while testing but I just can’t get that combustion blower going. Any thoughts? Whether it was something the chimney sweep did or was just time for the blower to give up I don't know; I've checked, double checked and triple checked everything.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. investor7952

investor7952 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Norther NJ
    I have the same unit an 09 model. Did you unplug it for a few min to let the board reset?
  3. GVA

GVA Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waxhaw, NC... Formerly North shore Mass
    Have you spun the comb blower by hand to make sure it spins free?
  4. Souzafone

Souzafone Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Freetown, Massachusetts

What he said. There is crud behind the impeller.
  5. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

Is it a linered install? Sometimes the liner can unload a good sized slug of ash onto the combustion fan impeller, causing it not to spin (its packed with ash)....pull the comb blower out, THEN see it it spins....watch your fingers!
  6. tthorpe

tthorpe New Member

Loc:
    Bethlehem Township, NJ
    Thanks everyone for the responses to my original post. After testing the leads from both the panel and the blower it turns out that the combustion motor was dead. I ordered a new one online, installed it, and it started right up!
  7. rickwa

rickwa New Member

Loc:
    ohio
    that motor is known for that. they have an internal overload fuse that if it goes out motor is dead
  8. minnow

minnow Member

Loc:
    Upstate New York
    Where did you get the new motor from ? Thanks !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.