Harman Accentra Insert - Combustion Blower not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tthorpe

Oct 18, 2009
Bethlehem Township, NJ
We had our flue cleaned this past summer (as we do every year), but we used a different chimney sweep that was recommended to us. I was initially impressed with his service but after trying to start our Accentra last week my impression changed quite quickly.

The first hurdle I had to overcome was to resplice the severed thermostat wire in two different places; apparently it was lying on the track when he pushed the stove back in. And after cleaning up the mess that he left behind in the fireplace box and back of the stove I preceded to start it up only to be greeted by silence. The power, status and combustion blower lights are all on and steady. The distribution blower works while testing but I just can’t get that combustion blower going. Any thoughts? Whether it was something the chimney sweep did or was just time for the blower to give up I don't know; I've checked, double checked and triple checked everything.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem.

GVA said:
Have you spun the comb blower by hand to make sure it spins free?

What he said. There is crud behind the impeller.

Is it a linered install? Sometimes the liner can unload a good sized slug of ash onto the combustion fan impeller, causing it not to spin (its packed with ash)....pull the comb blower out, THEN see it it spins....watch your fingers!

Thanks everyone for the responses to my original post. After testing the leads from both the panel and the blower it turns out that the combustion motor was dead. I ordered a new one online, installed it, and it started right up!

that motor is known for that. they have an internal overload fuse that if it goes out motor is dead

NorwayTom said:
Thanks everyone for the responses to my original post. After testing the leads from both the panel and the blower it turns out that the combustion motor was dead. I ordered a new one online, installed it, and it started right up!

Where did you get the new motor from ? Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.