Harman Accentra insert did something weird this morning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
got up this morning to an outside temp of 25*F, so I put stove on room temp set at 70*F, actual temp in the room was 67*F,once it lit it just started feeding pellets overflowing into the ash pan. I have an OAK on the stove & it was very cool to the touch before lighting.
Do you think it just started feeding and pushed most of the burning pellets out of the firebox trying to reach the set temp I selected?

Was the pot already full of pellets? If so, the stove did not know that it already had some. Sounds like you started it up this AM? If it isn't pushing any out once it is up and running then don't worry.

Reactions: F4jock
Was the pot already full of pellets? If so, the stove did not know that it already had some. Sounds like you started it up this AM? If it isn't pushing any out once it is up and running then don't worry.
Might be just what happened.

Yes, I just started it this morning. Once I turned the stove on, I went to make a pot of coffee, so not sure if the igniter took longer than normal to light causing more pellets to be added. But the fire was on both sides with unturned pellets in the center falling into ash pan.
Stove is working fine now, probably a fluke.

Yes, I just started it this morning. Once I turned the stove on, I went to make a pot of coffee, so not sure if the igniter took longer than normal to light causing more pellets to be added. But the fire was on both sides with unturned pellets in the center falling into ash pan.
Stove is working fine now, probably a fluke.
Or possibly a Flounder. . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.