1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Harman Accentra Insert ESP issue

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by dpj0711, Jan 11, 2013.

1. dpj0711

dpj0711 New Member

I have a Harman Accentra Insert. I ended the season last year noticing that I had a "3 blink error" (Exhaust Sensing Probe failure) on the control panel. I had the stove cleaned in the summer, but my first burn this season had the same indication. Sometimes i am able to reset the error, but most of the time it is indicating the 3 blinks. The only problem i have noticed with the stove when this error occurs is that i am unable to control the room temperature. The stove does not regulate at all, it burns at full force regardless of the setting.

Is this positive confirmation that i need to replace the ESP or could something else be causing this problem? The stove is approx 4 years old. IS there any troubleshooting that I can do or should I just replace the probe and see what happens?

David

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    this is most likely a bad esp probe. i could be a severed wire on the esp, so you could check to make sure it didn't get munched sliding the unit in and out, but replacement is the common fix. you have surge suppressor? if no, get one. I see odd power spike as a common contibutor to esp failure, followed closey by "i bashed it with my cleaning brush" (less common on insert model), 3rd in line is "I cleaned it with sandpaper". I recommend against the sandpaper thing. good luck.
  3. dpj0711

dpj0711 New Member

OK, thanks for the response. Hadn't thought about the surge suppressor, will get one.