Harman Accentra Insert exhaust blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaterhunter

Dec 14, 2010
Maine
Just recently purchased an Accentra insert (used). The exhaust blower is making some squealing noises. I don't see any place to grease this and can't find anything in the manual that says to do so. Does anyone grease the bearing? Also I've read in a thread at some point that the ignitor resistance can be checked to verify it is working properly but I'm trying to figure out where to take this resistance. The blue wires from the circuit board disappear into the burn pot area and I can't follow the white/green striped wires from the ignitor itself back to the connections between the two. If I had to replace these parts how much would they cost (exhaust blower or ignitor)? Thanks.

To check igniter you have to cut wire ties in back of stove to get slack in the yelow and blue wire and then you pull on the igniter wires until you get connectors out far enough to service. The better way to check it is to start the stove and use a clamp amp meter and check for amperage. If it is drawing amperage it is good usuallly around 2-3 i think. As far as fan the bearings are not servicable anymore. The older ones were bronze bushings i think and if you have them you could probably oil them, but new ones are sealed ball-bearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.