Harman Accentra Insert Heat output

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
Hi I am looking to see if any accentra insert owners have taken the temperature coming out of there heat exchange I took a reading using green supreme pellets in stove temp with the temp setting on 70 and the feed rate at 3 the fan on med had it run for 3 hours and took a reading with a digital meter (crappy one ) and was getting a reading of 160 degrees I see other stoves over 200 just looking for a comparison with the same stove different pellets and settings thanks

Hi I am looking to see if any accentra insert owners have taken the temperature coming out of there heat exchange I took a reading using green supreme pellets in stove temp with the temp setting on 70 and the feed rate at 3 the fan on med had it run for 3 hours and took a reading with a digital meter (crappy one ) and was getting a reading of 160 degrees I see other stoves over 200 just looking for a comparison with the same stove different pellets and settings thanks

Don't bother trying to use this method to compare stoves, let alone between Harman's. The potentiometers are too course for any meaningful comparison between the same stoves. Other factors like cleanliness, exhaust setup, OAK, outside temp, etc. skew the results and give you nothing but bad data. You can use your method to compare different pellet brands. I would probably do it at a feed rate of 2 and you absolutely can't touch any of the dials between pellet brands. Only burn about a pound of each at a time so the samples are close enough together to minimize the external variables that could exist. The more variables you control, the better your results. The room will also need to be at equilibrium to insure the first pound didn't contribute to the success of the 2nd pound. Etc.

Have fun and don't take your results tool seriously. :cool:

not really looking for a comparison just looking to see if the heat output is is high enough or if i need to add an oak or something else thanks

I get a small draft from my front door the insulation around the door is not there going to reinsulate the wall . Last year i had a bad draft comming from one of my bed rooms but i replaced the windows and reinsulated the entire room and it reduced the draft alot if i cant stop the draft comming from the door i am going to install an oak

Status
Not open for further replies.