Harman Accentra Insert installed today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pfmaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Southeastern PA
After a long wait, our accentra was installed today in a pre fab fireplace.
So far, so good. The house is warmer and the propane furnace hasn't kicked on since the morning! :coolsmile:
It's awesome!

Thanks to all on this forum for your vast knowledge which led me to this purchase.

FYI, we have a 10 yr old 2 story 3100 sq ft home.

...Pat

Attachments

• insert.jpg
    insert.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 615
Congrats on the new install....it looks great :) Keep it clean, and enjoy the heat!

Looks great! I'm thinking of getting the same stove for our fire place. What is the sq. footage that you are heating?

Looks great! I'm thinking of getting the same stove for our fire place yo heat ~2000 sqft. What do you think of the stove so far?

We love it! I've been pleasantly surprised that it is heating our whole home. The fact that our home is less than 10 years old with good insulation and windows certainly helps. I tried using our main furnace's fan to circulate the air upstairs, but that didn't do much. What works well is having the ceiling fan on medium in the room that has the insert. I run it in Room Temp mode between 70-75. I extended the ESP probe to the opposite side of the room with 18/2 thermostat wire.

I'm going through 2 bags of pellets a day, mostly Stove Chow from HD. I'm getting a lot of ash to the point where I've emptied the ash pan twice already. The Accentra is louder than I had hoped. The promise of "Whisper Quiet" that the brochure states is silly. The flame is terrific and the air wash works well. It is a great looking stove.

Thanks for response. Sounds like you are getting some good results. I would be putting the stove in the same room as the TV, so I guess I could turn down the blower in the evening if it was to noisy to be able to hear the TV at reasonable levels. What is the floor plan of your house like? Is it an open concept or are there multiple rooms?

The insert is located in our family room, which is open to the kitchen area. There is a small hallway to the two story foyer in the front of the house. The heat finds its way to the hallway upstairs and from there to the bedrooms. Naturally, the coolest bedroom is the master, which is above the garage and the furthest from the stove! But, that is the way it was when we ran our propane furnace.

Status
Not open for further replies.