Harman Accentra Insert 'lazy' flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucky

Jan 13, 2012
North Jersey
I've had the Accentra for 6 years now. Yearly maintenance
and weekly clean out hewed to religiously.

In the last week the flame has gotten long, wide and lazy.
Is this a draft issue? I've cleaned the flue. Could there be something in chimney itself?
The thing is, the stove is putting out great heat thru convection. It's also radiating alot from glass and top which the insert aren't known to do.
Help...?

Thanks

It's an airflow issue. Step 1: clean the stove. Step 2: clean the vent. Step 3: change the door gaskets.

Not a bad idea... after 6 yrs they should all be replaced: those doors/lids have been opened and closed a thousand times by now.

make sure you clean the square flue outlets well, those are notorius for filling up halfway thru the season.

The dollar bill test could save you from replacing gaskets that are working well.

I cleaned the vent seems like the installer didn't go exceptionally high with it. Maybe 9 feet in a 30 foot chimney.
Also cleaned both right and left tubes in stove( left tube was calcified but I broke thru eventually).
Cleaned distribution blower.
Checked intake valve to make sure it wasn't stuck.
Cleaned ESP sensor probe.i have new door and glass gaskets coming in mail.
I'd say the dollar bill test was somewhere in the middle tension wise.

All this....and still lazy flame.

Is there a bird in chimney?

Status
Not open for further replies.