Harman Accentra Insert OAK Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tpme06

Sep 6, 2012
Newmarket, NH
I installed an OAK this past summer for my Harman Accentra. Put in a block of plate and used silicone around all of the intake flex pipe seams. I noticed today while burning that there is still a pull of air from under the stove, is this normal? The draft is definitely less than without the OAK, but with a proper install should there be no pull from under the stove at all? Just curious, thanks!

My guess is you are feeling the pull of the distribution fan. The air intake and distribution fan are under the stove, so sounds perfectly normal and similar to our Accentra.

Reactions: Delta-T
the distribution blower on your model is on the bottom. totally normal.

Thought it was something like that, thanks!

I am getting my new Harman Accentra.installed Tuesday. Where did you buy your OAK and do you have any photos of your installation. I ask my dealer about the OAK kit and got a blank look like he didn't know what I was talking about.
Thanks

My OAK did not fit as supplied from Harman #1-00-574350. The upper tab mount on what they call the weldment was too long, I had to straighten it and re-bend it after determining the proper length. I also drilled 1/4" holes and used 1/4" nuts and bolts to secure the intake weldment to the hopper instead of the self-drilling/self-tapping Tek screws supplied with the kit, which enter the inside of the hopper. They are sharp and could cause a cut if you should reach into the hopper with a bare hand. Just a heads up. Enjoy the heat!

It was about $115.00 and I got it from Stoves and Stuff, based in Pennsylyvania- they have a store near my daughters college. Be careful removing the backdraft stub as the gasket wants to stick to it and could easily tear. Also, a new hole has to be drilled (or use a Tek screw that's supplied) for the "weldment" section that replaces the backdraft stub, which requires you remove one of the distribution blowers-no big deal. I used a flex magnet and a shop vacuum to clean up the metal filings.

Status
Not open for further replies.