Harman accentra insert pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wood, sorry just had to say that.

If the stove's controller is working correctly and the ESP isn't gummed up and there is enough room in the venting and the stove can get the air it needs it automatically adjusts its burn to the pellet in the stove.

In short as long as you don't mind removing the ash and doing extra cleaning just about any pellet will do, the same as most pellet stoves.

Now if you want the least cleaning hassle find the lowest ash pellet (usually this is a western Douglass fir pellet) you can. This is also the pellet that likely is the most compressed and has the highest energy content per pound.

The Harmans can digest and adjust to most pellets. The balance is cost verses a bit of ash and cleaning and what can be had in your area.

Reactions: DAKSY
What are the best pellets to use for the Harman Accentra insert?

If you list some of the choices you have, with prices the folks here can guide you.

What are the best pellets to use for the Harman Accentra insert?
I run my Accentra FS on most anything that isn't too long. On balance, factoring clean burning, price and heat output, my preference is Green Supremes (presumably out of their NY plant). They burn very very clean in my stove, cost $209/ton at HD and put out great heat for me.

Having said that, my stove will happily work its way through most everything. I have tried every pellet I have seen with mixed but always decent results. So . . . as I said, on balance Green Supremes works best for me, but mIght not be best for someone else.

I have an Accentra insert and I am burning more softwoods. I never had anything that "wouldn't " burn in my stove ;) This year I have Maine Woods and Vermont pellets stacked in the shed

Softwoods seem to work well for me. No blend, 100% soft.

I burned About 1/2 ton of Cleanfire softwoods two years ago & found them to burn VERY cleanly & give off great heat. More BTUs per bag as the resins in the sawdust add more heat. The infamous Harman "speed bump" at the end of the auger was noticeably smaller as well, probably due to the more complete combustion...

Status
Not open for further replies.