Harman accentra insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thejacksonfamily7

Jan 10, 2016
Tumwater,Washington
First time posting. I've read your forums for years and I would like to say thanks for all the help with all the info on here from everyone
I just recently purchased a used Harman accentra insert and am having some issues with the rheostat for the temp. I try to set it at let's say 70-75. I can push the knob in a little or to the side a little and it will either make the stove start going up to temp or make it stop going up to temp. Is this a control board issue or can the rheostat just be replaced?

First time posting. I've read your forums for years and I would like to say thanks for all the help with all the info on here from everyone
I just recently purchased a used Harman accentra insert and am having some issues with the rheostat for the temp. I try to set it at let's say 70-75. I can push the knob in a little or to the side a little and it will either make the stove start going up to temp or make it stop going up to temp. Is this a control board issue or can the rheostat just be replaced?

Might be best to do a search for " Harman potentiometer replacement " within the forum...you'll see lots of threads, posts.

Yes, they can be replaced. If you know someone good with a soldering iron, or have a local electronic repair guy, they should be able to do so.

Pots are available on eBay, possibly Amazon.

Be careful pulling the board out of the stove, make sure you're grounded off. Boards are a couple of hundred bucks each (ask me how I know that...).

Welcome to the forum. I'll second womaus. The pot replacement is a common problem with the Harman's. Here's a thread to get you started:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...es-alive-when-mode-knob-is-set-to-off.120395/

Might be best to do a search for " Harman potentiometer replacement " within the forum...you'll see lots of threads, posts.

Yes, they can be replaced. If you know someone good with a soldering iron, or have a local electronic repair guy, they should be able to do so.

Pots are available on eBay, possibly Amazon.

Be careful pulling the board out of the stove, make sure you're grounded off. Boards are a couple of hundred bucks each (ask me how I know that...).
Thanks I'll look that up.
Welcome to the forum. I'll second womaus. The pot replacement is a common problem with the Harman's. Here's a thread to get you started:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...es-alive-when-mode-knob-is-set-to-off.120395/
thanks guys. I have some other issues with the stove also. But I'm hoping that they are all related.

Status
Not open for further replies.