Harman Accentra Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prush

May 9, 2007
I have an Harman Accentra insert and am thinking about taking it with me when I move. Does anyone have any ideas on the cost to convert back to a wood burning fireplace so I don't have to leave my stove behind when I move?

The old fire box was just a basic wood burning fireplace with slate surrounding it, nothing fancy.

The house I am looking at moving into has a gas FP....I'm hoping the cost of taking the pellet stove with me and converting the gas to fit my accentra will be cheaper than buying a new Accentra.

Thanks for any info....Maybe somebody has done this before and can give me a heads up on the costs?

Thanks...

If you are vented up the fire place flue there will be no problem removing it. slide out the stove body, look for lag screws in the bottom pan and remove, loosen the top securing bolts, remove the vent and then remove the frame. (see your manual for installation and reverse it. )

lecomte38 said:
If you are vented up the fire place flue there will be no problem removing it. slide out the stove body, look for lag screws in the bottom pan and remove, loosen the top securing bolts, remove the vent and then remove the frame. (see your manual for installation and reverse it. )

taking it out is no problem...trouble is you no longer have a wood burning fireplace. Remember the sticker that you applied to the fireplace prior to installing the insert said something to the effect that this fireplace has been modified to burn pellet stoves.
You took out the damper at the very least. Proper install would have you putting pellet pipe to the cap. That would have to be removed as well. Maybe you should think about a pellet insert to put in its places.
Just a thought!

Wouldnt the cheapest way to do it would be to remove the stove and the liner, take it with you and put the damper back in place? Not sure but Im pretty sure I could do that with mine. If you sell the harmon and your in the northeast, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.