Harman accentra insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a fan of the Okies..For the marginal price difference I would go with the Okies.

Im glad to hear you found your problem with your stove. I also have an Accentra and when you get the chance, get the stove outside with compressed air and go to it. You will be amazed with the amount of soot that you blow out of the air wash vents and everywhere else that that the vac just dosen:t get. It really, really makes a big difference. If the stove dosen:t have the new feeder, install a cross over tube while you have the stove out. My stove performs much better with the mod. Every year I almost look forward to it. HTHs

Attachments

• get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 288
ok so what does the crossover tube do? also I am going to pull out the stove tomorrow and blow it out with compressed air. Where should I go at it from and what should I look for and really hit well(problem areas)? also what gaskets should I replace? I was thinking about changing them all but which are the most important and what are the signs or symptoms of a faulty gasket?
thanks guys

From what I read, it introduces a small amount of air from behind the pellets through the auger tube. That extra air makes the stove burn cleaner and more efficient. In my case I was getting smoke in the hopper, the oak wasn't working to what I thought was correct ( flickering flame). Now I am very happy with the obvious differences the mod has made. When I cleaned my stove I always remove the exhaust fan when I blow it out. Everything blows out very quick except the air wash. Blow into the air wash ,all three sides and in the corners really well. You will be amazed at the amount of soot that just keeps coming. Where it comes from? IM not sure. I has to effect SOMETHING. Clean fins on the exhaust fan, pull slide plate. Clean and blow out any fines. Make sure all four corners of the hopper gasket are sealed well. That can cause the woofing people are having. You mentioned dog hair. Put the stove on blocks so you can get to the distribution blower. Remove it and blow out the fins , they are probably covered with??? everything. And if you are half crazy like I, wire wheel the auger. Enjoy

Attachments

get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 219
    get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 214
fyi. just replaced the underneath blower fan due to noise issue. had the uneven heat problem which was cleared up by brushing between the vertical blades on the old fan. for those who are going to replace the lowed fan be aware there are 3 threaded studs holding the fan in place. these studs are fixed to the stove and appear to be pressed in, believe they can not be replaced. the employee at the factory who installed the original fan over tightened 2 of the 3 nuts and/or cross threaded / stripped the threaded studs, causing the nuts to spin freely when trying to remove. had to put down presser with a screwdriver to remove the nuts. the real problem comes when trying to put the new fan in . when tightening the nuts, they only go as far of the stripped thread area and will certainly loosen via vibration. was able to use washers to take up the slack of the of missing threads gap. believe this to be a onetime fix due to the low quality of the threaded studs, i.e. flimsy/ soft metal. since it is impossible to get behind the studs to drop in a replacement nut/bolt, the only alternative appears to be with the cutting of the stud, followed by drilling and replacing with sheet metal screws. at this point you will be reading stories about someone picking up a used stove for 300, my harman accentra will be replaced by another brand. if anyone has a fix for this dilemma, please post a reply.

I occasionally find water in the left exhaust tube when I'm cleaning it out (on my Accentra insert). Any ideas as to what could be causing this to happen? I do have a chimney cap.

I occasionally find water in the left exhaust tube when I'm cleaning it out (on my Accentra insert). Any ideas as to what could be causing this to happen? I do have a chimney cap. - nhprhagen
The chimney cap is not working. Needs to be repaired or replaced, it's the only way to get water into the system and if it is in the internal flue it is in your combustion fan and that needs to be checked as well.

When you can, pull the stove and get it outside and blow every nook and cranny with compressed air. I do it once a year and before I take it outside, I vac ,vac,vac and vac again. when I start blowing with compressed air, it is like I never vacuumed it once. Covered in soot from head to toe. Its a must.

Attachments

• P5050053.JPG
    P5050053.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 168
I had the same problem on the left side exhaust (years ago). I never realized / was told it went all the way thru! I could believe how much had built up in there. Now I'm getting ready to pull the stove to install an Oak. I think you guys just added to my work load! Big Surprise!!! :) because now I think I'm going to take it outside and blow everything out!

Ok great thanks, I picked up 20a bags of great american pellet today and so far I have been very impressed. I can get oakies, great american, new england, hammers hot ones and that's about it for anything good.
Get the Hamers!

Status
Not open for further replies.