Harman Accentra Latch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bank

Feeling the Heat
Nov 27, 2008
S. Maine
I am having a weird problem with my six year old FS Harman Accentra. Lately, I've noticed that when replace the cast iron heat deflector on the left side after the weekly cleaning, the latch will not come down squarely to hold the deflector in place. It will only move down so far and If I open the door it falls forward. Without the deflector in place it moves freely.

Anyone else experience this. I know when I put the deflector back it is flush and the two tabs at the bottom are seated properly and the plate moves back into place. Very strange.

get a paintbrush up in around the latch. on occasion when i pull the plates out some ash gets into the latch and makes it obnoxious to set down right. a quick attack with the paintbrush usually fix it right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.