Harman Accentra minimum feed rates

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jedidiah578

Oct 16, 2011
West Michigan
This is my first year with my new Accentra & I was wondering what settings I would use to get the minimum .75lb/hr feed rate.

I have done alot of research on this site & everyone says the most efficient way to run it is in room temp mode so the stove cycles on & off as needed. I have been using the room temp mode set around 68 & been averaging a bag a day usage.

I switched over to stove temp today & have it set at 1 & the house is getting warmer than it was. If im using stove temp mode on setting 1 is that the minimum feed rate?

jedidiah578 said:
This is my first year with my new Accentra & I was wondering what settings I would use to get the minimum .75lb/hr feed rate.

I have done alot of research on this site & everyone says the most efficient way to run it is in room temp mode so the stove cycles on & off as needed. I have been using the room temp mode set around 68 & been averaging a bag a day usage.

I switched over to stove temp today & have it set at 1 & the house is getting warmer than it was. If im using stove temp mode on setting 1 is that the minimum feed rate?

I have been able to run the stove on stove temp using the lowest setting and its been keeping the house at 66 with the fan on low, averaging about 1/2 bag a day (not burning overnight). 1 should be the minimum feed rate. In room temp, the setting only controls how often it drops pellets, so if it drops pellets 1 time in the span of a minute, it may need to drop more at once to maintain the temperature.

If I switch to room temp, it gets too warm. In the colder months, I will use room temp, but when it gets very cold out it wont burn the pellets quick enough so I have to switch back to stove temp. I use Stove Chow pellets, so a high quality one may be ok.

Leave it in room temp mode and the feed rate @ 5 and use the thermostat to control how much you burn. Your stove will not feed any more that what's demanded, but it will be available when it gets cold. I even leave my fan on high all the time, it only runs that way when it has to. Seems easier to me than adjusting the feed rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.