Harman Accentra - not feeding pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeB

Apr 4, 2006
Bangor, Maine
I'm looking for some help in figuring out what's wrong with my three-year-old Harman Accentra. The pellets aren't feeding. I just clearned it thoroughly a few weeks ago and did another cleaning today because it stopped working last night. It had a really lazy fire. When I put it on test, no pellets will feed at all. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Moe

Do you get any indicator lights flashing? Have you cleaned the back of the unit including the flue and the tee? I have an Accentra, if it's not feeding on test it's because there's no place to push any exhaust, or the auger motor died, which is unlikely. Look at the stickies here, and post back and tell us exactly what you cleaned and in what order. Good luck.

Does the feed light go on?

I've cleaned everything. My stove guy came over this morning while I was at work and left word that the auger motor had died. :( He's ordered one and hopefully we'll be up and running next week. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm feeling like an old friend is ill or dying. The house just doesn't feel the same with the oil furnace on.

Thanks for the assistance.

Moe said:
I've cleaned everything. My stove guy came over this morning while I was at work and left word that the auger motor had died. :( He's ordered one and hopefully we'll be up and running next week. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm feeling like an old friend is ill or dying. The house just doesn't feel the same with the oil furnace on.

Thanks for the assistance.
Experienced this several times.......
Why will it be down till next week? He should have one (at least) in stock...........

FWIW lazy fire is more draft, airflow related rather than lack of pellets (bad feed motor)

If you put it on test and the pellets don't feed then remove the covers and check to see if that little tiny fan on the back of the motor is turning..... If it's the gearmotor usually the gears will go not the stator...........

I'm not sure why he doesn't have the motor. I was at work when he came today. My daughter was here when the stove guy came, and she said he took the motor with him. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.