Harman Accentra or St. Croix Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newf lover

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Eastern CT
My sister and her husband are looking at pellet inserts. My sister loves the Harman Accentra and the dealer (Fireside Supply) is probably 2 miles from them. My brother-in-law wants to look at a St. Croix insert at Maynard Farms in Coventry. While they do sell wood and pellet stoves and seem like nice people, my guess is they contract out their installations and stove maintenance. I did suggest to my sister they ask that question. How easy is the St. Croix to maintain? Do they have one of those rail systems the Accentra has to make it easier to get at? Finally, if anyone has experience with either of those dealers if you could PM me, I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.