harman accentra pellet fireplace distribution fan how to clean, fan will not go to high output

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dana-mark

Nov 28, 2009
Newport News, Va
I am new, so, I hope I posted this correctly, to the right forum.

The distribution fan doesn't want to go into high anymore on my insert. Anyone know of the best way to flip the stove over to check for doggy hair and dust in the distribution fan? Is it save to flip it on its side? I don't want to crack the cast iron. Should I remove the cast iron hopper lid? It sticks way out past the body of the stove. It is about the only thing you can hold onto while muscling the thing around. Harman, the company, is next to useless in answering questions. Their reply is see your local dealer. joy. Nearest one is over 100 miles from me. I am not ruling out a bad potentiometer problem as it has a strange behavior of killing the fan when moved full right. I think it has always done this. thanks.

There are few Accentra insert owners on the forum so I hope they chime in as well. I usually have a strong friend lean it on it's side for me holding it steady, when it's completely cleaned out and no pellets are in the hopper and give the fan underneathe a good cleaning. It's not an easy task by no means. It's a good question and I hope we hear more from the other members.

Build something like this. Cut an access hole in the top to get to the fan. 2x4s with flooring tacked to the top to help the stove slide. Hardboard would be better. Used what I had.Hths

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 769
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 670
If you lay three or four sections of pipe/conduit/stair railing on those 2X4's you can easily roll the insert right out... that's how I helped build the Pyramids (long story)....

If you have a "dead spot" on the rheostat try cleaning it with an aerosol "tuner cleaner" found at Radio Shack... unplug the stove, spray the rheostat thru any small opening you can find and rotate it while you spray. The cleaner evaporates almost instantly so you can plug the stove back in and fire it up.

Is the fan not working when you put it in test mode? Stove temp mode and room temp mode? Using rollers on the Accentra would only hit the 2 pieces of angle iron on the bottom of the stove that are used to protect the fan. Wouldn't roll out but 6 or 7 " before you would start dragging the rollers. HTHs

also, Harman has a little-known Service Rail Kit availabnle too for this unit....its not cheap, but has rollers which roll the body of the stove out and supports the unit as well while you clean. If you dont have a raised hearth, you have no chouce but to rock the unit onto its back and clean that way...also, dont forget to watch the room sensing probe wires when you pull out and push back...very easy to sever.

Status
Not open for further replies.