HARMAN Accentra Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plowboy

Mar 9, 2008
Indiana
Hi every one. I just joined the group and must say I have read a lot and am still learning.
I ordered a Harman Accentra Pellet Stove and it will be here Wed. I heat with a free standing wood stove in the basement but trading the stove off with the new Accentra. The pellet stove will be put upstairs in our small 1350 sq.ft. home. It's says good for a 1500 sq.ft.
Couldn't get the heat from the basement upstairs so thought I would give the pellet stove a go and see if it would heat this house if I put it up in the living area.
Any one with this size home with a pellet stove? Just hope it works. I know of someone that will be out in the dog house if this new pellet stove does not heat.

Welcome Plowboy, We have a 1800sf cape that we heat with our Accentra and it does a great job.

No dog house for you!

Doug

Agreed...the Accentra should do a fine job, assuming you are reasonably well insulated. Depending upon your layout you might need to add some fans to move the heat around, but you should have plenty of BTUs.
Hopefully you don't need to heat the basement though...that can be difficult to impossible to find a way to move the heat down from the main floor.

Welcome to the forum!

I have an Accentra insert in a 1500 square foot uninsulated home. The layout doesn't support an expectation of heating the entire home. If you don't count the front porch, it's about 1300 square feet. The first level is a large room about 15X22 with a 15X15 or so kitchen through a doorway. I can keep the main room 70 degrees without a problem and the kitchen ranges from 62 to 68 depending on how cold it is. I then have a 2nd and third floor over the main first floor. Heat gets up the stairwell pretty good and keeps the 2F about 63 degrees and 3F about 60, although I haven't measured this in the really cold weather yet but also I'm not really cranking the stove. But I'm very happy with the heat output. If your house has some insulation I imagine the stove will do very well.

I am new to the forum as well, im glad i found this site. I have been burning an Accentra for 5 years now. I really learned in the last 3 how to get the most efficiency out of it. 1800 sq. feet and no oil for 3 years. I use doorway fans to move the air and I have a ceiling fan right above the stove that helps move the air. I also use an Oreck heater upstairs on the really cold nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.