Harman Accentra programmable thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It can by interrupting 1 side of the room sensing probe, But that takes the logic of the stove out of it to be able to increase and decrease feeder and dwelling on low fire if it does not call for heat for a period of time using the room sensing probe. You set the temp on stove up higher than your stat and basically it just throws it into a room sensor failure when temp is met on programable stat. Then refires when it calls for heat again. I guess you could set it to manual once it gets fired up so it will drop down to a pilot fire if the house has enough heat demand? I dont think it will go totally out in room sensor failure, but I have never tried it.

ok, so If I were to get the accentra I may just have to get up in the morning and turn the stove up manually in the morning, off when I leave for work, and back on when I get home. still pretty easy

Are you buying a new one or a used 3 knob control unit? The new model w/ Touch control has a programmable stat built in.

I would buy new unless I can find a good used one at the right price. So they have the same touch pad as the absolute? How reliable have those touch pads been?

Touch control has been out several years now and have been good. The Accenrta 52i has touch control and the P35i is 3 knob control.