Harman Accentra Room Sensor installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2006
Good morning -- new member here.

The manual does not indicate which plug on the back of the stove is correct for the red wire and which one for the black wire in the 60" run. Is there a prefered way?

Also I'll try locating the sensor at the hight of my thermostat -- seems like a good starting point. Any comments?

Thanks -- Trying To Keep Warm

I know on my Harman DVC-500 the room sensor plugs do not matter which way they are plugged in. The sensor is just that, a sensor, so the readings can flow either way on the wires. I also know that my stove always makes it way too hot if the outside temperature is above 40 and it takes a while to get the stove backed off if I had it set to 70 on the stove. Basically, 70 makes it 80+ and 55-60 makes it about 70+. Still haven't cranked it all the way up, or even close, yet. My feed rate stays at about 2 and the distribution fat is set as low as it can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.