Harman accentra shutdown

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

curtb01364

Oct 4, 2019
Massachusetts
Have had a used Accenttra for few years,been a nice stove.One thing has me curious,when I shut stove down the distribution motor shut right down,would think it would run till the "hot" stove cooled down,what does other accentra users find out?Manual really doe not indicate whether it should or not in shut down procedure

Mine does the same. The distribution blower will continue to run only if the stove is very hot.

Reactions: curtb01364
My guess is that the stove is designed to turn off distribution motor(s) so less heat is distributed into the room occupied by the "shut-downer person" pushing the off buttons?

Reactions: Ssyko
If it is gets to warm it will kick it back on.

My Accentra distribution blower runs at a very low speed during shut down, if you put your hand near the area where the hot air comes out you will feel the movement of hot air, not enough to heat the room but just enough to help cool the unit down.

My guess is that the stove is designed to turn off distribution motor(s) so less heat is distributed into the room occupied by the "shut-downer person" pushing the off buttons?
Thanks for reply,have noticed on few other stoves,non Harmans that the distribution motor would continue to run till stove cooled...kinda thought that was a good idea rather than just letting a hot stove cool down on its own,was just curious and at times if it is running hot I will lower feed rate for a bit before shutting down

My room blower runs a short time during shut down..which I assume is controlled by the ESP..