Harman Accentra shutting off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bella

Mar 22, 2008
long island n.y
My stove has be shutting off by itself theres
pellets in the hopper the feed is around 3
it will be on then ill look at it 10 15 minutes later
theres no more flame and it seems like it shutting
down. i notice if i move the high low knob its starts again
what can it be?

tmlongisland said:
My stove has be shutting off by itself theres
pellets in the hopper the feed is around 3
it will be on then ill look at it 10 15 minutes later
theres no more flame and it seems like it shutting
down. i notice if i move the high low knob its starts again
what can it be?

When you say Hi-LOW knob, are your referring to the Stove Temp/Room Temp control, or the switch that turns the stove off, selects the fan speed, and either room or stove temperature operation mode? How long have you had your stove? If you have had it for some time, have you cleaned the ESP probe? Is the stove and vent clean? Is the status light blinking after the shutdown? Is the low draft set correctly (how does the flame look after it starts burning before it shuts down)?

On start up, the stove will feed and ignite fixed amount of pellets. If the electronics of the stove do not detect the initial fire, it will not feed any pellets after the start up cycle and go out. It would probably burn 10-15 minutes after starting before going out.

Make sure everything is real clean including the vent pipe and ESP probe, if you haven't already. Then go from there.

Hi,
I had a simaler problem with my Advance. It had a problem with the temp control potentiometer though. Some time my stove would shut off, I could move the control the slightest bit or tap it to get the stove operating again. This would happen when the stove had been running after an hour or so and warmed up. I had a hard time convincing anybody there was as problem. I had the control board replaced under warranty so I lucked out. This was done after hours on the phone and a repair person from another dealer coming out and watching the stove operate for an hour and a half. If this would've happened out of warranty I would have just replaced the pot.
I really got tired of the dealer and his gotta clean it, gotta clean the ESP, move the sensor, what's the draft readings, blah, blah. I think Harmans service after the sale lacks a little. The dealers seem to be on their own as far as the factory goes.

tmlongisland said:
how do u clean the esp

remove the side plates on either side of the burnpot, the fan cover plate below the burnpot, and look into the exhaust outlet. The needle-like thing ya see is the probe......GENTLY clean it off. While your in there, with the paltes off, clean your heat exchanger.

I use the 3" vent pipe brush to clean the passageway where the ESP is.

Does a good job of cleaning the probe at the same time.

Dougsey said:
I use the 3" vent pipe brush to clean the passageway where the ESP is.

Does a good job of cleaning the probe at the same time.

I think that brush and that size is WAY too rough on the ESP probe.....a little deviation and you'll be buying a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.