Harman Accentra Stove Temp vs Room Temp mode and settings?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fazzer

May 26, 2008
northeast PA
Just had an Harman Accentra free standing stove installed yesterday and they did not explain it very well and my sales person is on vacation now. What is the best setting to run the stove on, room temp or stove temp? I will be trying to heat the first floor about 1200 sq ft. The manual says set the feed rate at 4 the installer said 2.5. Also the room sensor included is only 5 feet long they say you can extend that to a 100' maximum, but reccomend only 25 feet max? What gives with this? I think I will run stove on stove temp mode trying to heat all first floor which will need the stove to run most of the time. Any other thoughts you could give in the operation of this stove would be helpful. This is my first pellet stove. Thanks for everyones help.

Best to run on Room Temp mode as it will adjust the feed rate to your set temp. Stove temp mode runs just like a wood stove and cranks out as much heat as possible based upon your feed rate. Stove temp doesn't care how hot the room is. I have a P-68 and had my dealer tell me the same thing about feed rate. However, I found a 3 1/2 feed rate works best for me on room temp mode. That corresponds to 3 1/2 lbs. / hour. The feed rate suggested is only a starting point, but it is the max you are allowing the stove to have. If you have the setting too low, the stove will not be able to crank out the heat necessary to heat the entire house.

Room temp mode is the way to go, and I'd leave the feed rate at 4. If you didn't get a manual with your stove, download it from Harman's website. As for the thermostat probe, try this:With the stove on, on a cold day,place a thermometer to read the temp on the floor in a place that's a good to place the probe, then check that temperature against the coldest area you plan to heat. If the cold area reads 65 and near the stove is 70, then add 5 to the desired stove setting. If you want the cold area to be 70, set the thermostat to 75. By placing the probe on the floor you'll probably be getting a cooler reading anyway, so the differences between that area and your furthest room should be pretty close. Most people leave the probe clipped right to the back of the stove and are unaware that the thermostat is pretty accurate, they just turn the knob if they get hot or cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.