harman accentra vacuum switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the vacuum switch for a harman accentra insert I was reading up on the leaf blower trick and wanted to locate the black tube but no luck. does anyone out there have a picture of this tube thanks or a link to its location

glenc0322 said:
I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the vacuum switch for a harman accentra insert I was reading up on the leaf blower trick and wanted to locate the black tube but no luck. does anyone out there have a picture of this tube thanks or a link to its location

Do you have the installation manual for your stove?

If not download it from Harman's website in the FS version of your stoves installation manual there is a diagram showing where the vacuum switch is.

I suspect the same is true in the manual for the insert, the page number is likely different.

i think i found it shows a picture inn the back of the stove on the bottom of the stove we will see i like the blower trick looks like it cleans the chimney out good after you brush it

On my stove it cleans everything from the ash traps to the end of the venting. It is even known to suck the pellets out of the end of the auger flight. If I closed off the OAK it might even suck the ash out of the ash bin. I haven't tried that and don't really want to, emptying the ash bin is very simple and saves the ash for the compost piles.

Do you remove the hose or just hook up the blower and suck away another question what is the pellet pig club?

glenc0322 said:
Do you remove the hose or just hook up the blower and suck away another question what is the pellet pig club?

I don't remove my vacuum hose but you do what you feel is right.

The piggies have a set of requirements that must be met to become a member there is a minimum pellet amount of three ton, which must be on hand before the first frost, in addition you are required to self haul the pellets by abusing your beater vehicle. There is a dispensation that allows large loads to be delivered, but you still have to stack them.

In short we want to see evidence of true pellet piggishness.

Then there are the dues that must be remitted to our money launderer (imacman) to be forwarded to headquarters to resupply the brew stash errr administrative fund held by Eric at his store in Ohio.

There are a number of us who can grant membership but first you have to apply by asking and then telling us what actions you have taken that would warrant the granting of membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.