Harman Accentra vs. Castle Serenity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foggonthemountain

Nov 17, 2015
Maine
After 40 yrs of burning wood I am preparing to purchase my 1st pellet stove. Narrowed choices to a 2010 Accentra with 1 1/2 yrs usage that includes a nice tiled hearth & all the piping one could possibly need for $1900. Or a new Castle Serenity for $1000. From what I've read,(@wiseheat.com) the Accentra may not operate properly when having to always be run on a very low setting becuz my home is small.(barely1500 sq') The site also claimed that parts have to be replaced quite often-some of them 2-3 times,that the stove is overly noisy,and Harman is near impossible to get in touch with.Since Harman makes top-of- the-line stoves I find all this negativity disturbing.As for the Serenity,not one bad review to be found.Husband passed last yr, seriously need help with this important decision.Which do I buy, the 400lb. cast iron unit or the180lb.one?

Status
Not open for further replies.