1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

harman accentra will not turn off

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by forya, Dec 31, 2011.

1. forya

forya Member

Loc:
    Bucks County Pa
    I DID, he said it was installed correctly, and said I probably needed to clean my stove, that ash could be insulating my ESP probe. That is definitively NOT my issue. you could eat out of my stove right now!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. wil lanfear

wil lanfear Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    vermont
    If your stove has been cleaned including the ESP, I stand by my thoughts above.
  3. forya

forya Member

Loc:
    Bucks County Pa
    So do you know where I can get the REV E instructions?
  4. firefans

firefans New Member

Loc:
    Somerset County, NJ
    I believe this particular "not shut down" issue is not related to ESP. ESP problem is often very obvious and one would not miss it. I did some testing both Accentra and Advance. When ESP connection loose or not in good contact. Status light would have 3 blinks. The combustion blower and distributions blow would blow air out of order. It tells you the stove is not in working order. If one has doubt on ESP. He can pull the stove out put it outdoor without any pipe connected, clean it and light it up in outdoor. ESP temperature would cool in rapid speed after turn to off. It still would not change the result of "not completely shut down". ESP is just themister is not so easy to be malfunction but often easy target to be blamed. The prime suspect is how the control board process the data it collect.
    What I see the problem with the "relative newer control board" is feeding too fast and too frequently when stove turn to OFF. It is not able to starve the fire out. The board does not give you any malfunction indicator.
    I am little bit surprise they make one single control for many model of stove. For example, Accentra and Advance are very different in physical shape size so the the amount of heat retain inside two stove are also very different.
    I tend to think the newer control board for backward compatibly is not so perfect.

I wonder is there any jumper setting for slowing the auger feed rate to test it.
  5. firefans

firefans New Member

Loc:
    Somerset County, NJ
    One more side note I would like to point out to support my theory. I have a treadmill (proform). The control board got shut during last year snow storm (lost power and brown out situation). I find a exact control board (MC60) but newer one to replace it. The treadmill now run. However, it run much faster than the old shot control board. (about 1 and half of original speed for each scale). It is same manufacturer, same type of control board and model. Treadmill control board is also "One for Many" models.
  6. forya

forya Member

Loc:
    Bucks County Pa
    I seems like I need to have switch 1 OFF. Currently mine is on. The new diagram i just got today from Harman shows that 1 should be off.

Attached Files:

7. wil lanfear

wil lanfear Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    vermont
    The only function of dip switches 1,2,3 is to control the amount of pellets entering the burnpot on startup only.
  8. forya

forya Member

Loc:
    Bucks County Pa
    The funny thing is that it has been turning on and off just fine with the room sensor. It just won't turn off with the off switch. So I guess I will switch it to room temp and turn the temp down and It will shut off.
  9. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

the 1 switch on only really increases the amount of pellets to pot during the initial fire...21 secs more. Did the dealer slap a DDM on the machine while he was there to see what the ESP was reading? there are specific temps detected at the ESp which basically tells the unit what to do...when to stop feeding, when to shut the distribution blower off, when to shut the comb blower off......Im guessing he didnt......if you have the ESP chart and are watching the DDM, you can fairly readily predict when certain things SHOULD happen....
  10. Melissa220

Melissa220 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    central ME
    I don't know if anyone has responded to this part of your post since Feb, but I have a new Hartman P43 and it IS UL approved. Yes, it is tested through Omni-Tested Labs and has a ULC designation. ULC is UL Canada and this has a Partnership with UL of the US. This is further validated by the OT-L logo on the stove that has a C on one side of the logo and a US on the other side. My dealer also contacted Harman directly and was told that the stoves ARE UL approved.