harman accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ebbtide

Oct 21, 2012
just bought this stove from a retired couple after a lot of research now for the hook up i have some shrubs outside that i need to address i just looked at a friend install and he just has a 12 inch pipe coming straight out with a turn down is this ok like that or should i go up a little also what about the outside air kit do i need this he dont have it on his harman xxv any help thanks

Harman recommends that you have 4' of vertical - either inside or outside - so that the stove will draft naturally in a power outage, & you don't get any smoke back into the house. Outside air is subjective. If you have a very tight house, you will want it. If you've got a drafty old farmhouse, you probably don't need it...Your call. It can always be added if you need it...

Status
Not open for further replies.