Harman Acentra Insert Noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
Hi I am hearing a noise when the stove is feeding pellets. The stove is new and only ran 4 bags of pellets through it it just started to make the noise it sounds like a bubble then you hear the pellets drop and then it sounds like a gear is grinding but it is a low sound. I know it is hard to explain a sound but maybe someone has had this problem before. I was thinking it is the pellets getting stuck in the feed belt but not sure thanks

glenc0322 said:
Hi I am hearing a noise when the stove is feeding pellets. The stove is new and only ran 4 bags of pellets through it it just started to make the noise it sounds like a bubble then you hear the pellets drop and then it sounds like a gear is grinding but it is a low sound. I know it is hard to explain a sound but maybe someone has had this problem before. I was thinking it is the pellets getting stuck in the feed belt but not sure thanks

Geez Glen, you are like a sponge trying to soak up as much info as you can, eh???

The Harmans have a slide plate that opens and allows the pellets to drop into the auger box. You should hear a "tinkling" sound as the pellets drop. On occasion you will hear the auger "cut" a pellet. It can sound like a low groan or a pop when the pellet is cut. This is considered normal. Hope this helps.

thanks for all the info i am going to try a different pellet brand and see if it does the same thing its weird the noise lol sounds like a pop from a bubble but the heat out put is great and love the look of the flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.