Harman Advance Air Crossover Tube Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy P.

Dec 21, 2011
Central Mass.
I have an older model Advance that does not have the factory crossover tube and is starting to get "gummy". I plan to completely disassemble and un gummy it before the season starts. In order to avoid the gummy thing in the future I'd like to add the updated crossover tube. I've read the older thread here where the fella over engineered the hell out of it. The factory tube looks much less complicated. Has anyone here done it? If possible I'd prefer to avoid having to ask the dealer about it and having him try to tell me it's rocket science or brain surgery and should only be completed by an authorized Harman tech. Thanks for any help anyone is willing to offer

I did it last year on my 05 Accentra. It's no biggie just follow the instructions that comes with it and all is good. One suggestion is it calls for silicone to install the brass inserts I used JB weld to install them. Much stronger and hold better. If you got any questions let me know. I did it in less than an hour..

Thanks for the reply Lineman. Did you purchase the kit from a Harman dealer and about how much was it?

Thanks for the reply Lineman. Did you purchase the kit from a Harman dealer and about how much was it?

Yes i bought it at a dealer. I think it was $13-$15 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.