Harman Advance Airwash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick5472

Oct 19, 2008
Columbia, MD
I have 2 airwash brackets, one on each side of the glass. One is perpendicular to the glass and the other is about and 60 degree angle to the glass. What is the correct positioning for these? I don’t see them anywhere in the manual. Perhaps I have an Advance-1 manual and they didn’t update it for the Advance-1? Seems the one on the left that is perpenticular, the glass doesn't stay as clean as the other.

I have an Advanced -2 (going on 4th season) and I do not remeber seeing airwash brackets?

Maybe they are not airwash brackets. What I have are 2 (one on the left glass and one on the right glass ) brass brackets about 3 or 4 inches long with a hole in the middle. I assumed that this channels the air flow over the glass to keep it cleaner. Does anyone have these brackets? I can provide a pic later tonight if needed.

those are not the airwash brackets. those are for the log set bracket to bolt onto. every Advance I have ever known has had the left hand glass get dirty on the lower left side long before any other part of the glass gets dirty. I think its just because there is so much glass on that bay window that its hard to keep the air passing over all of it equally.

Thanks...That was going to be my next question. I am providing pics. Also if this is for the log set how does it go on? I am including a pic of the bracket. Didn't get any directions. Thought I could figure it out.

Attachments

• airwash.jpg
    airwash.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 277
  • Bracket.jpg
    Bracket.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 272
yeah, if they are a bit askew just bend them into place. That wacky flat metal piece with the little arms gets bolted on where those holes are in the bracket and then the log just sits there.

The brackets on the door are as soft as solder and very "moldable". The little arms point up. You may have to enlarge the holes in the log where they sit on the two tits to get the front of the log to sit on the bracket not the bracket lip.

the 2 brackets on the door hold the log set.
The airwash comes up through the gap between 2 pieces of steel formed by the base of the stove, if you open the door and look just behind where the door gasket compresses against the stove, it’ll be a gap about the thickness of a dime along all 3 sides.

Thanks to all...I am still pondering whether to install the log set now or not. I hear it can gather ash and is a pain to clean the glass with it in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.