Harman Advance auger not turning/motor not coming on.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nasabuzi

Nov 16, 2014
Levittown, NY
So this year the pellets I got have way more sawdust in them then normal so I have had to do more basic maintenance than usual. Over the past week it seemed like the stove wasn't working at full heat so today decided to clean everything. After cleaning the auger turned like once and stopped and won't come on, I think the auger might be full of sawdust and pellets. Easiest way to do this? Any pictures or videos would be helpful or other ideas on what the problem might be. Thank you

Chris

I would do a self test and see if you get any blink codes.

I had an issue a few years go where I wasn't getting any pellets into the burn pot. After tearing the easy parts off I ran it in test mode over and over, because the auger was spinning. The issue I was having was pellets were not spilling into the burn pot. Turns out I had a piece of a bag in the auger that was holding everything up. Once it was through everything was back to normal. I took very many times running the stove in test mode, maybe 20 or 30 times, for the piece of plastic to finally come out.

Reactions: jackman