1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Harman Advance auger slack adjuster wheel?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by flashbang, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flashbang

flashbang Member

Loc:
    NY
    Hi,
    i just picked up my Advance from a 07/05/08 order that is braned new with a manufactured date of 12/07 ? on a factory check sheet inside the hopper w/manual. I can see that it has a updated auger with the number 2 stenciled under the back of the auger. Is there any other updates this stove should have that a newly manufactured one has? As for the slack adjuster, the white nylon slack adjuster wheel that the chain rides on top of does not spin. It would seem to reason that it should rotate with the chain so a grove does not get burnt in.
    Also I seen on a cleaning video that is not in the book there is a door to clean out pellet fines. how often does this need to be done and where is it?

Any help with possible pics would be great
    thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Souzafone

Souzafone Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Freetown, Massachusetts
    My stove is not identical to yours, but I believe it's pretty close. The door you're looking for is inside the rear cover on the right hand side, viewed from the front. That is the same side the front door is hinged on. Look directly behind the chain, about 3 or 4 inches back and you'll see a wingnut. That's the spot. When cleaning this area it's a good idea to cover the blower motor as the fines will fall into the blades after you remove the wingnut and plate. Unless you enjoy blowing sawdust around the house, of course. My book says to clean this about once a year, and that seems about right unless your pellets contain a lot of fines.
    The guide wheel on the chain does not spin. After watching it work, I don't think it moves fast enough to worry about.
  3. slink

slink New Member

Loc:
    Western NY
    The updates are running changes the will make the stove quiter. Even though your stove was made 12-07 it should be the newest version.
  4. slink

slink New Member

Loc:
    Western NY
    The clean out door is located under the hopper in the "guts" of the stove. Usually a once time a year cleaning is good. Depends on your fuel quality it may need more cleaning.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.