Harman advance burn pot question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PelletHog

Oct 28, 2007
Western MA
In the burnpot, there are a series of holes running across it, 5 sets I believe. On the second set up from the auger, the holes only run half way across the pot (you might need a mirror to see these, that's how I noticed it). It looks like I am missing 3 or 4 holes. I have had a "fluttering type" problem since new...... do all advance stoves have this "half way" pattern? Can anyone take a peek at they're pot and let me know. Thanks, Steve

But aren't they also the holes where the combustion blower blows air on/under the pellets? The igniter is only located under the thrid set of holes looking from the front. Here is a dumb drawing of the pot showing the missing holes.

potyn1.png

good drawing. All I know is that I had my stove for a good six months with heavy usage before I noticed those holes were there. At that time, I was having trouble getting my Advance to auto ignite. Those holes had become very plugged with ash....after cleaning them out the unit worked like new.

Your burn pot is normal. After every 15-20 bags burned, it is best to scrape pot out making sure holes are unobstructed. I'm in my second year with an Advance, so far so good. Good Luck. There are a few people on here who seem to be very knowledgeable with the Advance, I have asked questions in the past with satisfying results. Don't be shy. Todays my first burn of the season and she started right up.

toastyinri said:
Those are the ignitor holes. Make sure you keep those unplugged and cleaned or your auto ignitor will become sluggish.

Your are absolutely correct by saying these holes are for the ignitor. This allows the air to come up across the ignitor and through the burn pot allowing the pellets to ignite.

Status
Not open for further replies.