Harman Advance Hot to touch in room mode.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Showells

Nov 29, 2015
Media Pa
hello all. First time posting hope you can help. Normally I find my answer searching the post but not this time. Anyway I have a Harman Advance. Owned since new 8 years now. Just did a thourgh cleaning pipe inside and out. I came home today and house was toasty but the stove felt really hot to the touch. I don't think I every notice it before. I thought the stove only was hot to touch in stove mode. Am I wrong in this or do I have a problem?
Thanks Steve

hello all. First time posting hope you can help. Normally I find my answer searching the post but not this time. Anyway I have a Harman Advance. Owned since new 8 years now. Just did a thourgh cleaning pipe inside and out. I came home today and house was toasty but the stove felt really hot to the touch. I don't think I every notice it before. I thought the stove only was hot to touch in stove mode. Am I wrong in this or do I have a problem?
Thanks Steve

Our's is the same way. As long as the paint is staying on I wouldn't worry too much.

I turn up the room air (distribution) blower to get the heat out of the stove and into the room.

If it's running hotter than normal, the stove is burning more lbs of pellets per hour, OR there's slightly less draft, and the heat is staying in the stove longer...

Both of my stoves get too hot to touch if there is flame going, regardless what mode they are in or how high the flame is. Maybe you just cleaned it so well that the heat is getting to where it should be ;)

Did it use an unusually excessive amount of pellets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.