Harman Advance Pellet stove ignitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its not hard, takes a 5/16 socket to unbolt the thing and the side panels. The trick is feeding some slack wire (light blue and yellow usually) into the feeder box so you can get to the spade connectors through the burnpot. If you just pull from the burnpot you may dislodge the wires and have extreme difficulty getting to those connectors. New ignitor is ~$105 (depending on the dealer).

they did, like 2 years ago, not likely yours has failed for that reason. the latest ones are ever improving, but the key to long ignitor life is preventative maintenance.
clean it, clean it well, clean it a least once a month, 2 times is better.

you can clean it while its installed, I suggest a 1/2" paintbrush....just poke it right up into the fins from underneath. you can feel up into the bracket for the slot that leads to the fins on the igniter.

When I called the Harman dealer, the parts person led me to believe the ignitor comes with the wiring leads connected and that I disconnect the wires from the circuit board and pull the ignitor out with the leads still attached and replace the whole ball of wax ( ignitor and leads). Is this right, or is ONLY the ignitor replaced while the stoves wiring is left in place? Thanks everyone

the ignitor has short leads attatched, you wont need to disconnect anything from the ciruitboard, but you will need to disconnect the ignitor leads from the wiring harness leads...

Status
Not open for further replies.