1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman Advance Question

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Fire, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire

Fire Member

Loc:
    NYC
    After cleaning my Advance and scraping the burnpot, should I place new pellets in the burnpot before restarting or just let the auger fill it for lighting? Thanks in advance.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. GVA

GVA Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waxhaw, NC... Formerly North shore Mass
    Depends on how cold the house got while cleaning.
    I used to turn stove on to fill burnpot while I washed up then would take the MAPP gas torch and light the pellets in the burnpot and let the stove take over, but usually only when it was really cold out and didn't want to wait for the auto ignite.....
    The only time priming with pellets should be needed is the first time it is started or if it ran out of pellets....
  3. Bxpellet

Bxpellet Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bronx, NY
    With my Advance I just start it back up, let the auger fill the burn pot and let it start itself, Good to see another NYC person on the forum, What section do you live in?
  4. Fire

Fire Member

Loc:
    NYC
    Thanks Bx Pellet. I'm in S.I. There's about 8 of us out here with pellet stoves that I know of.
  5. Bxpellet

Bxpellet Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bronx, NY
    So far I am the only one around here that I know that has one, I had some minor issues with the Advance but it was corrected, and so far it has been running 24/7, house is warm and Con Ed bill is low!!!! Looking to put a second one in the basement.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.