Harman Advance Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire

Feb 7, 2007
NYC
After cleaning my Advance and scraping the burnpot, should I place new pellets in the burnpot before restarting or just let the auger fill it for lighting? Thanks in advance.

Depends on how cold the house got while cleaning.
I used to turn stove on to fill burnpot while I washed up then would take the MAPP gas torch and light the pellets in the burnpot and let the stove take over, but usually only when it was really cold out and didn't want to wait for the auto ignite.....
The only time priming with pellets should be needed is the first time it is started or if it ran out of pellets....

With my Advance I just start it back up, let the auger fill the burn pot and let it start itself, Good to see another NYC person on the forum, What section do you live in?

Thanks Bx Pellet. I'm in S.I. There's about 8 of us out here with pellet stoves that I know of.

So far I am the only one around here that I know that has one, I had some minor issues with the Advance but it was corrected, and so far it has been running 24/7, house is warm and Con Ed bill is low!!!! Looking to put a second one in the basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.