Harman Advance Vibration

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed my insert vibration 2 days ago. Open heart surgery and I am not sure which thing I did fixed it.
Empty the pellet bin and let run until out of pellets.
1. I removed the motor/gearbox, disassembled and lubed the gears ( poor job at the assembly plant on lubing it )
2. removed and dry lube the pellet feed plate, also smoothed off the edges and lever slot with sand paper
3. Thoroughly clean the last 1 inch of the auger tube walls and auger assembly; there was a build up of crud. With the drive motor off you can spin the auger to check for free movement.

The vibration that I had is definitely gone and the auger motor noise is noticeably less.

Status
Not open for further replies.