Harman Advance will not ignite or run in Room Temp mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick5472

Oct 19, 2008
Columbia, MD
I usually run my Harman Advance in Room Temp mode. Tonight when I went to start the stove in Room Temp mode the Status light would not even light and nothing else happened as it usually does. I ended up starting the stove in Stove Temp mode. I then tried to go back to Room Temp mode but that did not work. I am wondering if the Room temp/stove temp pot has some dead spots in it in Room Temp? I tried resetting the stove but still that did not work. I am not sure what's going on. Thanks for any info.

If the probe is disconnected it should blink 4 times if I recall right. Could be either the room probe is bad or the pot has given up but usually should work somewhere

Is the temp set high enough in room temp mode? It will come on in stove mode.
x2- same thing happened to me with my 43. after several attempts turned temp up and what do know I had fire.

Is the temp set high enough in room temp mode? It will come on in stove mode.

Yep, felt stupid like this before - just turn that temp dial all the way up and see if the stove changes its mind about starting up. If not, replacing the pot is a fairly cheap trial. Otherwise, I'm thinking board is the only thing left (although I am far from an expert, so could be wrong).

Thanks All...I'll check the probe and connections as well as turn up the temp to see if that works tonight. I did cycle the room/stove temp pot thinking that had a dead spot in it but not the temp adjustment. Although I am still not sure why the status light did not even come on or blink. Will let you know.

Thanks again All...I fired the stove up today in Room Temp mode after cycling the temperature pot. All is working now. Anybody know where I can get me pots for my board? Has to be cheaper than a new board for sure. thanks again...I am not sure why I didn't check that out before...

Reactions: bogieb
Search on ebay for "100k potentiometer harman stove"

Or

Pelletblowers.com website.

Thanks again All...I fired the stove up today in Room Temp mode after cycling the temperature pot. All is working now. Anybody know where I can get me pots for my board? Has to be cheaper than a new board for sure. thanks again...I am not sure why I didn't check that out before...

Some have success in using a spay contact cleaner. I have seen some at home depot.
thibs23 on Ebay has three for $25. I got a set a couple months ago. I think pelletblowers.com is been missing in action for almost a year as well as their ebay site

Some have success in using a spay contact cleaner. I have seen some at home depot.
thibs23 on Ebay has three for $25. I got a set a couple months ago. I think pelletblowers.com is been missing in action for almost a year as well as their ebay site

That spray is not a gimmick. It does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.