Harman Advance Will Not ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BatmanStove

Dec 28, 2009
Duncannon, PA
hi i have a Harman advance pellet stove. last night i came home and it was not on. i checked the stove and it was filled with pellets. i checked the burn pot and it was over filled with pellets. some where even pushed down into the ash pan. i cleaned everything out and took all the pellets out of the burn pot and re started the auto mode. still did not work. yes i cleaned out under the burn pot where the igniter was. this still not worked out. i tried it several times and it still did not work. i was reading and saw that a lot of people have problems with the igniter's so i was wondering if their was a way to test that or if their was something else i can try to see what my problem is. also the burn pot is cold and not warm. thank you

You can hook the igniter direct to 120volts and see if it glows/gets hot. Yes they do go bad, call your dealer.

Eric

BatmanStove said:
hi i have a Harman advance pellet stove. last night i came home and it was not on. i checked the stove and it was filled with pellets. i checked the burn pot and it was over filled with pellets. some where even pushed down into the ash pan. i cleaned everything out and took all the pellets out of the burn pot and re started the auto mode. still did not work. yes i cleaned out under the burn pot where the igniter was. this still not worked out. i tried it several times and it still did not work. i was reading and saw that a lot of people have problems with the igniter's so i was wondering if their was a way to test that or if their was something else i can try to see what my problem is. also the burn pot is cold and not warm. thank you

Did you try tapping the side of the burn pot with the access cover open? Fines and ash can get caught in the igniter. also, make sure that area is very clean. In addition, make sure you have scraped the burn pot real well. Combustion products will clog the air holes in the burn pot. You really have to work at scraping hard. I know this all sounds obvious, but I was also sure my igniter was bad but others on this site convinced me to try the things I mentioned.

thank you for all the suggestions. i cleaned it out twice last night and just gave it a really good cleaning last week when it did the same thing. i will do it again and clean it some more and let you know what happens. last week it did the exact same thing and all i did was clean the burn pot put and cleaned out the little ash that was under the access panel for the igniter. the only different thing i did was i un plugged it for the whole time i did it and then when i was done cleaning i plugged it back in and everything worked great. know it is doing it again. i will try cleaning it again and see if that works if not ill do some of those things people suggest to test for the igniter. i saw you can ohm out the igniter and you should get around 50 ohms but if you get more or none its no good. is that true? thank you

To just to let everyone know yesterday i deeply cleaned the stove again and ohmed out the ignitor. got ol. today i went out and got a new ignitor. their not cheap but to my knowledge only part replace for 9 years so i guess not too bad then. installed the new ignitor and works beautiful know no problems so far. thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.