1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kilarney

kilarney New Member

Loc:
    Vermont
    I just stumbled on a listing for Harman's corporate aircraft. I guess the stove business isn't so bad after all!
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N250TA

It's not the fanciest plane, but it isn't too shabby either. I wonder what business there was in West Lebanon, NH?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. tubbster

tubbster Member

Loc:
    Central NY
    Uhmm....

You could not spend much less on a corporate A/C. My guess it is the president/owners own personal chariot.
  3. drizler

drizler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chazy, NY 12921
    Yea, as corporate rides go and Aztec is more like a Yugo than a Caddy. You certainly won't find The Donald cruising around in one of those. If the price of oil keeps falling possibly the old boy will have to trade it in for a Piper Cub
  4. cantman

cantman Member

Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Maybe visiting Dartmouth, which is just down the road in Hanover. Or maybe,
    leaf peeping? (It's probably slightly early for that) Ha Ha, it's fun to speculate!
  5. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Dane has had a plane for MANY years, and is a pilot. I don't think this is his newer one, as he would have done MUCH better (probably a jet by now) if things had went his way.

Heck, I know what he is doing....or can at least guess! That airport is close to some of his design engineers, the VC foundry (parts) and also one of the large sheet metal contractors that many stove industry people use - who I know makes Harman stuff.

There you go, you corporate snoops!
  6. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    I can think of one or two other things there also. Now get back to work everyone and stop spying on Mr. Harman. :p
  7. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    Just incase someone wants to know this is our company plane. Wanna go for a ride?

Still trying to keep pellets at $220 a ton.

Eric

Attached Files:

8. STOVEGUY11

STOVEGUY11 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SOUTHERN CT
    Hop in
  9. webbie

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Maybe he was saying high to Woodstock Soapstone...they are IN that airpark....

Or meeting a NH mountain gal at the Airpark Hotel (or whatever you call it)...

NAH, he was probably looking at a prototype or having lunch with one of his team members. VT (that area) is a BIG Center of stovedom, since hundreds of people are alumni of the early Vermont Castings.....many stayed in the business in one way or another. After all, how many people have training in "the stove business".

OK, now we're gonna follow all those planes around.....
  10. webbie

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    BTW, I spoke to a stove shop owner (a retailer) the other day who just took delivery of a brand new airplane off the assembly line! The stove business is a pretty good one if you stick to it...
  11. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    HMMMMM Craig,I will let you know. Do you think I can get a bigger plane if I increased the price of my pellets? I might even get a monster truck.

Eric

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.