Harman ash pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJN644

Feeling the Heat
Nov 4, 2007
Maine
I know there were a couple post about ash and Harman's so I thought I would show mine. It's been F ing cold and windy here in Maine the past few days, 14 deg this morning. My Harman has been doing it 's job, it looks like a lot of ash but it pushes it out of the pot and burns fine, running Maine Choice pellets in it.

Attachments

• IMG_0076 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0076 (Medium).jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0075 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0075 (Medium).jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0077 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0077 (Medium).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 361
VERY similar to what I am getting in the past 5 days with Greene Teams. Fluffy and a bit course but no clinkers at all. On the blacker side instead of light gray.
No lazy flame. Huge flame when calling for when calling for high heat.
Seems fine to me.

A local Harmon dealer said they scrape their burn pot once a ton! Their theory was that a huge pile of ash at the lip held heat at the burn zone for a more efficient burn.
I don,t know, I'll try out that theory whaen I get back home.
I would scrape my burner out at least twice a week or when it got to look like yours.

howza bout just scraping out the burn pot once a week?

Mine is scraped 1-2 times a day while running on low. Clear the ashes and scrape the pot.

I'm buring the Maine woods pellets and they look about the same. And it has been pretty cold and windy here in VT this past week too! This morning it was around 15* and it hasn't been much over 20* at night this entire week..

Status
Not open for further replies.